Shift welcomes all respectful participants. There are a lot of ways to get involved:
Join a ride from our calendar. You may want to read some suggestions for enjoying your ride in this comic.
Join the Shift email list! Chat with fellow Portland area bike-fun-motivated people. Publicize your awesome ride, ask for route advice, engage in lively debate about local transport. Low volume, delivered to your inbox or you can read occasionally on the web.
Help lead a ride! Ride leaders are almost always looking for help in crowd management - sweeping, corking, helping get folks’ attention when it’s time to ride out. If you can find the leader before a ride starts, ask if they need help!
- Help edit and create content for this website! This process is written up in more detail on this page - we especially need authors (who need no particular tech skills), and designers to help style this website.
- Help improve the functionality of the calendar — see the calendar readme page for some more details.
- Help facilitate events like Pedalpalooza. Join the Shift volunteers mailing list and let us know what dreams and/or skills you’ve got. We need folks to help edit the calendar, encourage folks to create events, create memorabilia, lead rides, etc.
- Help Shift operate by joining the board — see the board of directors application.
- Help with Breakfast on the Bridges.
- Help with the World Naked Bike Ride
Donate! The paypal button at the bottom of the page here lets you give a tax deductible donation to shift via our fiscal sponsor Umbrella. You can see how we use this money on our expenses page.