Shift spinoff projects
- Move by Bike is a group of folks interested in helping folks move across town entirely by bicycle. Facebook
- Breakfast on the Bridges serves breakfast to Portland bike commuters around once a month on several bridges near downtown. Facebook
- PDX World Naked Bike Ride is still loosely affiliated with shift but spun off into its own organization. Leading one of the largest rides in the state year after year!
- The Multnomah County Bike Fair is a recurring fair that happens almost every year during Pedalpalooza.
Unaffiliated but related in bike fun
- Velopalooza is a summer bike fun festival in Vancouver, BC, Canada similar to Pedalpalooza.
- Portland Urban Bike runs an weekly ride (Thursday Night Ride) since 2015!
- Puddlecycle is a group that focuses on winter bike fun events in Portland. Their website talks more about their mission and how to participate.
- Portland Autonomous Zone is a local DIY/tinkering community with a focus on bikes and is a frequent booster of and participant in shift events.
- Corvidae Bicycle Club is an inclusive fun crew that leads a monthly 2nd Sunday social ride from Peninsula Park at 2pm
- BikePortland.org is an independent news source that covers the Portland bike scene.
Nonprofits and Government groups
- The Street Trust formerly known as the Bicycle Transportation alliance is a non-profit organization working to promote and improve public transit, walking and bicycling conditions in Oregon since 1990.
- The Community Cycling Center is a non-profit organization on a mission to broaden access to bicycling and its benefits.
- The Portland Bureau of Transportation has an active-transportation focused group. This group organizes Sunday Parkways and a bunch of other wonderful bike-focused groups - from a bike share program to safe routes to schools.
- WashCoBikes champions cycling in Washington County
- Umbrella is Shift’s 501(c)3 nonprofit sponsor and provides similar services for a lot of other humans-in-the-streets organizations
- RiseUp is our mailing list host and an all-around great group of folks providing communication tools to communities like ours.
- The Portland Mercury is a weekly newspaper in Portland which has printed our events calendar for Pedalpalooza at their own expense for many years.
- The Portland Bureau of Transportation has provided substantial financial and practical sponsorship to Shift over the years and we are very thankful for their help in facilitating bike fun.