Bikey Fun, January 22 - February 11Shift helps other groups and individuals promote their "bike fun" events.
Most of the events in this calendar are not produced by Shift.
- BEAUTIFUL BOMB SHELTER RIDE
- Weather looks peachy! Take a ride to the top of Kelly Butte to see the remains of the giant bomb shelter in operation there during the 1950s and 1960s. The facility became Portland's 911 Center after bomb shelters became obsolete, and later was abandoned. The entrances were totally sealed about 10 years ago, so we'll only be looking at the outside. The City of Portland has recently completed a new water storage facility atop Kelly Butte, so we'll also take a short walk (with bikes) along a trail leading to an overlook providing a view of that facility and the surrounding area. This ride is an 8.5 mile loop back to Clinton City Park and is flat except for the three blocks to the top of Kelly Butte.
Puddlecycle, puddlecyclegmail, www.puddlecycle.com
- WOMEN BIKE NEW YEARS RESOLUTION RIDE
- Join us and encourage more women try biking this year!
Will meet at Flying Elephants at southwaterfront, Depart around 10:15am. Will have an optional social meet up after the ride.
This ride is for all skill and fitness levels, please share this event and invite your friends!
This event is open to all women, female-identifying, trans, and gender-nonconforming people who enjoy biking (or think that they might).
Women Bike is the Bicycle Transportation Alliances program to inspire more women to incorporate a bike into their lives and use biking as a way to meet their personal goals. In the Portland Metro region, women account for only a third of bike riders. Were here to change that!
Women Bike is open to all women, female-identif
Elizabeth Cabral , elizabethbtaoregon
- BREAKFAST ON THE BRIDGES
- Slingin' free coffee and breakfast goodies for bikers and walkers on the east end of the lower Steel Bridge, west end of the Hawthorne Bridge, and the west side of the Tillikum Bridge under the 99 Red Balloons sculpture. Join us!
Cap'n Croissant, bonblists.riseup, www.shift2bikes.org/biki/bikefun:breakfast_on_the_bridges
- POKEMAN VRS DRAGON BALL Z
- Pokeman vrs DRAGON BALL Z, Col Summers (Meet in Irving Park)1:00pm - 2:48pm, We leave 1 hr after meeting time, Scattered daysRIDERS WILL PICK A HUMANS OR CRITTERS
I have investigated that this is indeed safe TO BIKE AND Pokeman go. I personally haven't played it but my friends kids are both 7 and they told me my event is genius.
The other choice is DRAGON BALL Z.
Your welcome to be either or smoother amine all together.
- FRIENDS OF TREES: PLANT BY BIKE IN NE PORTLAND
Do you enjoy biking AND trees? Bring your bike and join us to plant more trees around Portland neighborhoods as a volunteer with Friends of Trees! We especially need bike trailers or cargo bikes to haul tree stock and supplies, but it's not required. Just you and your bike is cool too!
To plant, please arrive to the meeting site by 8:45am to enjoy some hot coffee and breakfast treats. The planting starts promptly at 9:00am and runs until 1pm at the latest. We provide gloves, tools, planting guidance, and a thoughtful bike route and tree map, so all you need to do is show up dressed for the weather and wearing sturdy, closed-toe shoes. Our neighborhood volunteers will also provide a potluck lunch for all volunteers after the planting is don
Friends Of Trees Team, volunteerfriendsoftrees, Friends of Trees, 503-595-0213
- TABOR TUESDAYS
- WOMEN AND TRANS WRENCH NIGHT
- A night for women and trans identified folks to have a safer space to work on their own bicycles with hands off instruction. If it's adjusting your brakes or replacing your fork, Woman and Trans night is a great place explore, learn, and/or practice bicycle mechanics! All levels of comfort with bicycle mechanics welcome! Used Bike Farms stands and tools for $5 an hour. New and used parts also available. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Planktenzkeets, bikefarmbikefarm, Bike Farm